Sunday, August 4, 2013

Banana-Nutter-Choco Bars

Okay, i'm going to let you in on a secret...I have no clue what to call this. It's a bread, it's a bar, it's peanut butter, chocolate, banana I pretty much put all of my favorite items in this thing. However...another secret, I had wanted this to be a delicious loaf of bread, then I got way too caught up in throwing in everything my taste buds were screaming at me to throw in I forgot a very key ingredient (baking powder) I did remember the baking soda however, so it wasn't a complete fail. Now this ingredient does nothing at all to the taste, so i'll include it in my list of ingredients, however it sure did a job on the rising of this loaf therefor making me decide "FORGET THE FLAT BREAD I'LL CUT IT INTO STRIPS AND CALL IT BARS!" No need to thank me for making this item for your taste bud party so darn versatile! hehe anyways, enough with me sharing secrets. This is what you'll need.
                       Ingredients:
-1 1/2c oats (food processed into oat flour)

-1Tbs Dark Chocolate Chips (organic if available)

-2Tbs Pure Raw Pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling---that will murder this recipe along with your 
-6pack abs you've been working on oh so desperately)

-1 mushy banana (I freeze ALL my bananas, simply because of the amazing texture that they have in a smoothie and they also last FOREVER!--anyway I got one frozen banana and microwaved the cutie until all mushy and slimy--or you can use an over ripe banana--its whatevs and wont make too much difference) 

-2Tbs Peanut butter (organic-or organic almond butter-or any kind of nut butter...i'm a little too obsessed with nut butters...)

-1/2 tsp baking powder 

-1/2 tsp baking soda
mix all this the 3 dry ingredients together, then mix in the wet with the dry-pour that shiz into a pan (I used a bread loaf pan but you can use this dough to make little squares, bread or whatever...maybe a giant heart? I dont know--whatever you want.) My nutrition information at the bottom is based off of baking in a bread pan then cutting into 10 bars


Bake 30minutes at 350-check with a toothpick
-cool
-stuff into your pie hole and not feel guilty...wana know why?
 Because....THERE'S ONLY 62 CALORIES PER BAR!!!! this bread/bar/whatever is loaded with protein and fiber and all natural ingredients(as just about all of my recipes are) 

EAT CLEAN--GET LEAN 
*NOTE: when making my recipes--they last quite a bit longer and stay fresher if stored in a fridge, due to the natural ingredients there is a lack of preservatives that make them go bad quite a bit faster then your everyday Twinkie.*


  
" I will not let anyone walk through my mind with dirty feet. "
-Mahatma Gandhi

Don't let anyone's negative spirit, words, lifestyle, or energy dampen who you are. Don't allow someone to ruin your beautiful day. Don't let others hold the power to your own personal happiness, you are the one in control of your life. You are beautiful, smart and strong, you can handle whatever life throws at you.

From my crazy ramblings and recipes to yours
-Jillyfish

No comments:

Post a Comment